To lose weight we try to follow all kinds of trips and tricks to fasten up the process of losing weight we use supplements, we use fad diets and skipping meals and many more. We forget the weight which we have pilled on over the years so how can we shed in within a few weeks and months.
Weight loss should be done in a healthy way so it can last for more time even if you lose track for some time. When we starve ourself or exercise for long periods we may achieve a certain amount of weight loss for a short time but we come back to the normal self we end up gaining more weight then the previous time.
Here are some of the unhealthy practices followed by the people to lose weight.
1. Cutting down Carbohydrates- The latest diets going on are saying you should avoid carbs from your diet. By avoiding carbs your removing important macronutrients from your diet that helps you to give energy. Your diet should consist of all three macronutrients as eaten in moderation carbs are part of your healthy diet.
2. Juice only diet- Sometimes people leave solid meals for a juice-only diet. These diets are not a long term solution you can try it for 1 or 2 days. Living on liquid food is not enough as your brain sometimes not recognise it as food and you are feeling hungry again. While on juice diet you are leaving behind the nutrition from fibers and skin of the fruit and vegetables. For initial days you may lose weight but when you get back to solid food you end up eating more.
3. Fad diets- People want to lose weight fast for that they follow fad diets or crash diets which make people eat more than their body requires. they also recommend that you should avoid one two important nutrients. Initially you may lose weight but following these makes you unsatisfied and you cannot continue for long period and leave diet in between.
4. Taking diet pills- Trainers or social media influences promote people to take a fat burning supplement to fasten up the process of losing weight. The major content of these pills is caffeine is your body becomes tolerant of caffeine and over the regular use they become noneffective.
5. Drinking Diet soda- People replace regular beverages with diet beverage and think these beverages are better than regular ones just because in the labels it written diet. These diet soda might not have calories in them but they use artificial;l sweeteners which are not good for your health.
6. Working out for long hours- People think spending more time in the gym and doing long workouts will burn more calories but instead, you should workout smartly as you are working out more your body is becoming habitual to the workout and over the period of time when you will plateau to break it you need to work out for more time.
7. Not having a cheat meal- Cheat meal is an essential meal for the overall journey of weight loss. You need to reward your body with the food of your choice once a week as you have managed to diet for the whole week. Your body functions differently after having a cheat meal as you have more energy for the next workout. Many studies show letting out your diet for one or twice fasten up your process of losing weight.
8. Following a strict diet- A strict and rigid diet may give good results but it not possible for many to follow a rigid diet for a long duration. You get bored out of eating the same kind of food every time and you are not a competing bodybuilder who has to be so rigid on food. You should be a little flexible in your diet as losing weight is not a short journey you have to bring lifelong changes in yourself.
9. Doing only cardio- People start with cardio in there journey of weight loss and get so much induced in doing only cardio in the gym you also need to do resistance training it helps more than cardio in weight loss.
10. Ordering food from healthy food joints- People think to order their meal from a joint who is saying they are preparing healthy food. As most of the salad they make have lots of dressing on them all these dressing has lots of calories. It is better to prepare a meal at home.
11. Post-workout Meal- People think they can eat anything if they had a good long workout. By working out more you become hungry and want ho eat a heavy meal. You should think twice before having a calorie-dense meal after a workout. people overestimate the number of calories they burned during their workout and underestimate the calories in their meal. Remember, you still need a calorie deficit to lose weight.
12. Calorie Counting- Yes, a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. But you should be too strict on eating within your calorie limit. You should have some days where you should not count calories in food.
13. People leave fruits- People should eat seasonal fruits and vegetables as they have way more than essentials nutrients other than sugar. You should avoid processed sugar but not fruits.
14. eating only egg whites- trainers who do not have enough knowledge about nutrition tells their students that they should only eat egg white and avoid yellow part as they are fat. Your yellow part has 43% of the protein of the whole eggs and it has good healthy fat in it which helps in losing weight.
15. Eating Gluten Free- People do not have enough knowledge they tend to go with the flow one trend which is going on these days is eating gluten free bread and muffins. But people who should be avoiding gluten are who are gluten tolerant. Gluten-free bread is more calorie-dense than simple white bread so its better to use regular white bread for your sandwiches.
16. Not leaving alcohol- When it comes to happy hour, red wine may be your best bet. Unfortunately, just like with other alcohol, it’s relatively easy to go overboard and pour with a heavy hand, racking up calories quickly. You have to make sure you are drinking in limits.
17. Stopped snacking- With weight loss, snacking isn’t the issue…it’s the type of snack. Snacking can help maintain energy levels between meals and is part of a balanced diet. Fruits and veggies make the best snacks, but high-fat, high-carb, high-salt alternatives—like cookies, crackers.
18. Going Vegan will help you lose weight-Although eating a balanced vegan diet can result in weight loss, a vegan diet can also be unhealthy. Remember that there are loads of vegan junk foods, such as chips, candies, and chocolate.
19. Replacing your whole food with supplements- You tend to replace whole food meals with supplements. Having a high-quality protein shake for breakfast or lunch can help you control your calories and lose weight. But only if your other meals consist of real foods like lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. If the only things you consume all day are shakes, that’s a recipe for deprivation.
20. Eating less then 1200 calories- Can you lose weight by not eating? Technically yes, but it’s an unhealthy way to lose weight. Cutting calories may be the key to losing weight, but if you overdo it, your waistline won’t budge. “When you’re not eating enough calories, your metabolism can slow down, you don’t have enough energy for workouts, and you’re more likely to binge eat”.