Australian shores can be compared to more or less a dream destination for people of India who have been on a look out for brighter and greener pastures elsewhere in the world. The current scenario of the global economy is quite gloomy and most of the countries have closed down their doors to the inward migration in many of the skills migration category. Business and investment migration has met the same fate primarily due to the security concerns. This has resulted in hardening of the visa rules of various countries. Down under has also bought in some substantial changes in the laws of Permanent Residency in Australia for Indians. IELTS Score as per new rule has also been redefined and the people intending to place their applications for migration must satisfy the minimum language stipulations. Permanent residence in Australia is attainable through several routes.
Australia Permanent Residence Visa Requirements
Australian Permanent Residence is the status of an individual in Australia who is allowed to stay in the country for definite period of time and can be renewed for further stay. For Australia PR the candidate need not have Australian Citizenship. Australia has designed programs under which the country offers permanent residence to a candidate. Immigration to Australia under skilled migration program for skilled people and Humanitarian program especially for refugees make eligible for Australian PR.
An Australia permanent residence candidate is allowed to apply for Australia citizenship if he/she is good by character and fulfils the needs of normal residence. These candidates have the right to work & study and live in Australia. They also have the authority to sponsor relatives.
Australia Permanent Residence Requirements
Skilled migrants who apply for PR in Australia need to score 65 points in Australia Permanent Residence Test. The points of the candidates will be assessed using Australia immigration point’s calculator. The candidate will be evaluated based on the following requirements.
- Age: should be less than 50 years.
- English language: sufficient in English language to work in the country.
- Nominated occupation: the nominated occupation should be included in the Skilled Occupation list..
- Recent work experience: should possess Australian or any other work experience for nominated occupation.
- Skills assessment: Candidate’s skills are tested for Australian occupation.
- Health assessment: Doctor will check health status of the candidate and give a certificate.
- Character assessment: Candidate’s character should be good.
Read more for – How to apply for Australian PR?