✓ HDFC EasyShop Platinum Debit Card ✓ Features ✓ Benefits ✓ Offers ✓ Discounts ✓ Insurance Cover Benefits
Ultimate CashBack card. Its cheaper than cash!
Why Choose this Product?
- Get up to 1% Cashback (upto Rs. 750 / month) on shopping at select merchant categories
- Free Personal Accidental Death Cover of up to Rs. 10 lac
- Higher daily limits: ATM withdrawal limits of 1 lakh and Shopping limits of 5 lakhs
What are the benefits of HDFC Bank Platinum Debit Card?
Your HDFC Bank EasyShop Platinum Debit card entitles you to:
Higher Debit Card Limits
- Daily Default Domestic ATM withdrawal limits: Rs. 1 lac
- Daily Default Domestic Shopping limits: Rs. 5 lacs
Please login to NetBanking to change (Increase or decrease) the limit* on your Debit Card to suit your needs. Please note the limits can be increased up to the Permissible limits on your Debit Card.
Use your Debit Card over and above your daily shopping limit on select merchant categories i.e. Airlines, Education, Electronics, Medical, Travel, Tax Payments and Insurance without transaction decline.
Get Rewarded with CashBack Points
- Effective 15th May’17 you will get 1 CashBack point on every Rs. 100 spent on Telecom, Utilities.
- 1 CashBack point on every Rs. 200 spent on Groceries & Supermarket, Restaurant & Apparels, Entertainment
- Maximum cap of Rs. 750 per card per month
- No cashback points for all other categories apart from the ones above.
- Customers will receive cash back points on eligible MCC (Merchant Category Code) only.
- CashBack points earned will be valid for redemption within the next 12 months after which your Cashback points will lapse.
How to Redeem?
1. Through NetBanking
Cards> Debit Cards > Enquire> CashBack Enquiry and Redemption> Account Number> Continue> Input the CashBack amount.
2. Through PhoneBanking: call PhoneBanking number. Keeping Customer ID and TIN or Debit Card and PIN for verification
Fuel Surcharge Reversal:
Effective 1st January 2018, Fuel Surcharge would not be applicable for the transactions done on HDFC Bank swipe machines.
Insurance Cover: The following are included in the insurance covers:
- Effective 1st July 2014, all Debit Card holders are required to use their Debit Card at retail OR on-line stores at least once every 30 days to keep the free Personal Death Insurance cover on their Debit Card active.
- Death Cover by Air / Road / Rail – Sum Insured up to Rs. 10 lac.
- For Managed Customers (Imperia, Preferred and Classic Customers) the sum insured is up to Rs. 12 Lacs
- International Air Coverage of flat Rs.1 Crore on purchase of air ticket using your Debit Card.
- Fire & Burglary for the items purchased under Debit Card (upto 90 days) – Sum assured Rs. 200,000.
- Loss of checked baggage – Sum assured Rs. 2,00,000.
For any Claims under Fire & Burglary Insurance/ Loss of checked baggage Insurance to be accepted & processed, the cardholder should have carried out at least 1 purchase transaction using the Debit Card, within 3 months prior to the event date.
In the event the Insured Person(s) having multiple Cards issued by the Insured named in the Schedule, the Insurance Policy shall be applicable only for the Card, which has the highest Sum Insured / limit of Indemnity.
- You will not have any liability to any fraudulent Point of Sale transactions on the debit card, which take place upto 90 days prior to reporting the card loss.
International Debit Card
- our Debit card(W.e.f 7th November 2016) will be a Chip+PIN card activated for International & Domestic Usage
- If you wish to deactivate the International Usage on your Chip Debit Card, please login to NetBanking, call Phone Banking or visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
- Kindly note, all re-issued Debit Cards will have same International limit as of old Card. NRO Debit Card will continue to be enabled only for domestic usage as per regulatory mandate.
Online Shopping : Pay Bills or Shop online using your HDFC Bank Debit Card by using Verified by VISA(VBV)/MasterCard SecureCode service.
- Debit Cards Offers: SMS ‘DCOFFERS’ TO 56161 to know about Debit Card Offers anytime anywhere.
Both Residents and NREs can apply.
Resident Indians should hold one of the following:
- Savings Account
- Current Account
- SuperSaver Account
- Loan Against Shares Account (LAS)
- Salary Account
Check HDFC Bank Credit Card Customer Care Number to check latest offers on HDFC Cards.
(Source- HDFC Bank Website)