Buying healthy food can be extremely tricky sometimes as some of the nutrient-dense food are quite expensive so we end up buying foods that are cheap and lack nutrient.
However, there many cheap and healthy foods that are available at your nearby grocery store that you can buy and add to your diet.
Here is The List:
It is highly nutritious can be eaten separately or can be eaten with the main dish. In 100 grams of yogurt contains only get 61 calories which are quite low. It has 4.5 grams of protein in it which is mainly casein it is also rich in essential amino acids, and easy to digest. It has a good amount of healthy carbs and fats and the rest is water.
2. Eggs – There are many ways you can cook the egg and you won’t get bored of eating g it. It is one of the best and cheap protein source food available. A single eggs prices around 5 to 6 rs. At that price, you are getting 5 grams of protein and healthy fats at just 55 calories in it.
It lowers the risk of heart disease, and are loaded with minerals such as iron, zinc, and phosphorus that keeps your immune system healthy.
3. Lentils – It is a staple food for every Indian household. In Indian lots of varieties of lentils are available so you can eat different variety of lentils each day as they taste different from each other. It is packed with protein, iron, calcium, folic acid and magnesium.
200 grams of lentils has just 175 calories in it. 25% of lentils is protein so it is an excellent replacement for meat if you’re a vegetarian. They are also high in fiber which supports regular bowel movements and the growth of healthy gut bacteria.
4. Banana – Is an excellent nutritious fruit along with that it is cheap a dozen banana costs around rs 70 here. They are a healthy source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and various antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Before going for a the workout you can grab 2 banana which is an excellent source of fast-absorbing crabs which gives you energy.
5. Oats – It is an excellent breakfast option. It can be prepared in many ways. You can use them in pancakes, use them in smoothies to drink them with protein supplements.
They are quite affordable and have numerous benefits such as they lower your risk of heart disease, are loaded with fiber, which helps keep your digestive system healthy and moving.
6. Sweet Potato – It is one of the cheapest vegetables available. It is high on nutrition, rich on vitamins and minerals and its very felling. It can be eaten boiled, fried, baked and air fried.
1oo grams of sweet potato has 86 calories in it. It is an excellent source of crabs and fiber. You can buy 1 kg of sweet potato 25rs. Most of the crabs come from starch, followed by fiber. This root vegetable is also relatively low in protein.
7. Spinach – It can be eaten raw in a salad or it can be cooked with another protein source such as cottage cheese. It is an extremely cheap vegetable you can buy 1 kg of spinach for 60rs. It has very few calories along with that you get lots of nutrients. It is an excellent source of iron a cup of cooked spinach has 1gram of iron. It also provides immune-boosting vitamin A vitamin C, folate and manganese
8. Carrots – You can add them to your salad or you can cook them. It is an extremely cheap nutrient-rich vegetable. They are one of the richest sources of beta-carotene, which is responsible for their impressive vitamin A content. A large carrot has just 30 calories in it. It has 7 grams in it.
9. Brown Rice – It is one of the healthiest grain which is low in calories. It is high in fiber, gluten-free and can be incorporated into a variety of dishes. Brown rice is a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, thiamin, niacin and vitamin B6, and an excellent source of manganese.
10. Sprouts – You can easily prepare sprouts at home. It can be made of any lentil, whole grain, nut or legumes. It is extremely high on protein and amino acids that help our body to fight against a different kind of diseases. You can eat sprouts by adding them to your salad or can be eaten separately. Sprouts of various grains are available at your local grocery stores.
11. Flaxseed – Flaxseeds are also known as also is another incredible health food is abundant in omega 3 fatty acids and high on antioxidants. It has been noticed that regular intake of flaxseed (1-2 tbsp per day) shows positive effects on the prevention of heart problems and breast cancer. It is also excellent source of protein and fiber.
12. Cabbage – This levy vegetable is easily available in India. It wan be added to your salad as well as you can cook it with other vegetables. It is extremely cheap as a single cabbage per piece is priced around 15 to 20 rs. It has High amounts of vitamin C and K are found in green cabbage, in addition to some B vitamins and trace minerals.