18+ User Votes help you to Compare Honda Civic vs Hyundai Elantra vs Volkswagen Jetta.
last updated on 08-09-2017
The Mid-segment sedan car is closely contested as there are many options which are similar in features and specifications. These car price ranges from 12 lakhs on words to 15 lakhs depending upon the engine.
In this article we will discuss three cars Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra and Volkswagen Jetta. When we are comparing these cars Civic stands out when you are talking about looks weather you are talking about interiors or exteriors but the same car lacks behind the other two when you are talking about diesel engine as Civic does not have an diesel engine car, which is a major drawback because in recent times costumers are shifting towards buying diesel cars because there is a substantial difference in price of petrol and diesel so sale of civic car is decreasing in comparison to Jetta and Elentra.
Pricing Ex Showroom Delhi Mumbai Chennai Bangalore
Honda Civic 12, 59,600 13, 22,921 13, 01,000 12, 92,841
Hyundai Elantra 12, 48,688 12, 50,818 12, 50,625 12, 50,625
Volkswagen Jetta 14, 78,000 16, 33,300 14, 94,913 14, 77,700
- Displacement: 1799cc,
- Engine Type: Petrol
- Maximum Power: 132 Bhp
- Maximum Torque: 175 Nm
- Length: 4545 mm
- Width: 1750 mm
- Height: 1450 mm
Honda Civic offer mileage of 10.8 kmpl in urban roads while on highway it gives 15.5 kmpl.
Civic is 4545mm, width 1750mm and height is 1450mm. It has got 2700mm of wheelbase and 170mm of ground clearance. The kerb weight of the Honda Civic is 1240 kg that is very much less than the Chevrolet Cruze.
Honda Civic family not only looks better in terms of its exterior and exterior but also offers a complete range of comfort features. The car has got Air Conditioner with heater.
- Displacement: 1797cc,
- Engine Type: Petrol
- Maximum Power: 148 Bhp
- Maximum Torque: 180 Nm
- Length: 4530 mm
- Width: 1775 mm
- Height: 1470 mm
- OTHER SPECIFICATIONS
- Seating Capacity: 5
- Tyre Size: 205/60 R16
- Suspension: McPherson Strut Type, Torsion Beam
Hyundai Elantra mileage of 22.7kmpl (ARAI certified) whiles the 1.8 L Petrol version will give a 16.3 kmpl mileage (ARAI certified).
Hyundai Elantra has 4530mm while the width and height of 1775mm and 1470mm, respectively.
The power air conditioning system and heater is accompanied with automatic climatic controls add a hint of extra luxury to this sedan.
- Engine: 2.0L in-line 4 OHC
- Unleaded fuel
- Fuel economy: Gasoline 24 MPG city, 34 MPG highway, 28 MPG combined and 407 mi. range
- Multi-point fuel injection
- 14.5gallon fuel tank
- Power (SAE): 115 hp @ 5,200 rpm
- External dimensions: overall length (inches): 182.2, overall width (inches): 70.0, overall height (inches): 57.2, wheelbase (inches): 104.4, front track (inches): 60.4, rear track (inches): 60.3 and curb to curb turning circle (feet): 36.4
- Headlights: halogen with complex surface lenses
- Carbon fiber-look trim
- Metallic paint
- Fixed rear window with defroster
- Tinted glass
- Weights: published curb weight (lbs): 2,842
- Intermittent windshield wipers
- One 12V power outlet(s) in cargo area and front
- Diversity antenna
- Cargo area light
- Cargo capacity: all seats in place (cu ft): 15.5 and SAE
- Dashboard console, floor console, overhead console
- Front cup holders
- Outside air temperature indicator
- Intelligent driver and passenger front airbag
- Driver and front passenger seat bucket front seat manual height
- Height adjustable driver and passenger front seat belts with pre-tensioners