Over here the most loved tea is the Darjeeling tea, them comes the green tea as it has gained popularity among people as they think it helps in losing weight.
While there’s no harm in sipping a cup or two of tea to keep yourself alert on a dull day and rejuvenate your senses but over consumption of anything is harmful. It can be said water is the best beverage if you over a drink at one go you can get seriously ill. So over consumption of tea also comes with its drawbacks.
1. Dehydration- One should understand tea has caffeine in it. It is less than coffee but still has in it. Too much consumption of caffeine reduces the absorption ability of your tubalas which in turn can leave you dehydrated. It makes you go to the loo many times and you feel dehydrated most of the time.
2. Sleep Disorders- It has caffeine in it when caffeine interferes with the melatonin hormone, it affects the sleep pattern. Melatonin is a hormone that signals your brain that it’s time to sleep. Less sleep leads up to mental fatigue, impaired memory, and reduced attention span.
What’s more, chronic sleep deprivation is associated with an increased risk of obesity and poor blood sugar control. Every individual has a different capacity to take caffeine for some 250 mg is more than enough and for some 400 mg is good enough.
3. Reduces Iron Absorption- Iron deficiency is among the most common nutrient deficiency people suffer from and in most cases it is because of too much drinking of tea.
Tea is a source of a compound known as tannins. Tannins can bind to iron in certain foods, rendering it unavailable for absorption in your digestive tract. If you are vegetarian tannins are likely to affect you more as tannins hinder the iron absorption from plant-based food than animal-based foods. This is another reason why you need to restricts the quantity of tea you drink.
4. Leeds to Bloating- After drinking more than 6 cups in a day there is a chance you may feel bloated it happens due to caffeine in it.
5. Increases Anxiety, stress, and Restlessness- Tea might give you an instant boost in energy due to caffeine in it. But over consumption of tea can affect many people in a bad way as it increases anxiety and stress.
An average cup of tea has 40mg of caffeine in it. If you are drinking 8 to 10 cups you are taking a huge amount of caffeine which can make most of the people feel restless. If you feel jittery at any time of the day you should put a stop to drinking more tea during the day.
6. Constipation- drinking tea first thing in the day is a norm followed by many as the thing it improves there bowel system. But drinking too much can lead to constipation due to the presence of caffeine in it sometimes leads to dehydration and that can lead to constipation.
7. Prostate Cancer-This is the worst side effect of drinking too much tea. Research has shown that men who are heavy tea drinkers may be at higher risk for prostate cancer than those who don’t.
8. Increases sugar Intake- If you like to drink your tea with sugar and you like to drink lots of tea during the day which means you are consuming extra sugar that your body does not require. As sugar is empty calories can lead to many heart-related diseases, diabetes, and obesity.
9. Can make you Addicted to it- one of the worst side effects of drinking too much tea is that you can easily get addicted to it. The thing with addiction is that if you do not get at the time you need it, you feel restless and anxious.
10. Possibility of Miscarriage- Pregnant women should avoid tea completely, as its caffeine content can harm the development of a fetus and pose a threat of miscarriage.