Android Lollipop is Google’s biggest Android release in the last 2 years. It has big user interface changes and it adds, according to Google, 5000 new application programming interfaces in Android.
List of Top 5 New Features of Android Lollipop
- 64 Bit Applications Support – Now developers feels more comfortable in making 64 bit applications because every new phones uses above 2 GB of RAM. Also, every Intel-powered Android device released in the last one year has support for 64-bit computing.
- Material design / New User Interface Design – App developers now follow this design language which is specially built for Lollipop version. The Material Design adds cleaner user interface elements, drop shadows and layered interface elements. It all looks prettier and cleaner.
- New task switcher – New task switcher now show web browsers alongwith apps data. This is fantastic in our opinion.
- Protection From Factory Reset / Password Protection – In Lollipop version, user can add password protection for factory reset option which is very useful feature if your phone get stolen. At present one can easily reset factory data for android device afterthat that person use your phone riskfree.
- Project Volta- Its for Increased battery life. According to Google,Nexus 5 uses same kind of project which helps Nexus 5 to run 90 Minutes more.