Here are the documents required for Indian Passport. You can get your passport done at the Passport Seva Kendra. Indian Passport is a document issued by the Government of India to any Indian citizen in order to travel to foreign countries. It serves as an identity for Indian citizens.
Indian Passport is the only travel document that give the holder the right to travel to and from India. Indian Passport can be obtained by following a few simple steps. All you need is to apply for an Indian passport at an authorized passport office, provide your Indian ID Proof, submit your application form and pay the requisite fee.
Follow these Steps for Applying For an Indian Passport:
- Apply for Indian Passport at any authorized passport office along with your required documents.
- Provide your Identity Proof (Indian ID) as one of the documents mentioned in the checklist below or any identity document issued by a state or central government of India.
- Submit your application form which includes your personal information, address and previous passports if you have any.
Document Required for Fresh Passport
Proof of Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Card
- Election Photo Identity Card
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, the Municipal Corporation or any other prescribed entity authorized to register the birth of a child born in India under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969
- The School last attended/recognized educational board issues a transfer/School leaving/matriculation certificate.
- Policy Bonds with the holder of the insurance policy’s DOB are issued by Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies.
- Copy of the applicant’s service record (only in the case of Government employees) or the Pay Pension Order (in the case of retired Government employees), officially attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the applicant’s Ministry/Administration department’s.
- A declaration signed by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on the organization’s official letterhead confirming the applicant’s DOB.
Proof of Address
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill (Landline or Postpaid mobile)
- Water Bill
- Gas Connection Receipt
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Photo ID Card
- Rent Agreement
- On letterhead, a certificate from a reputable employer
- (If the applicant’s current address matches the address given in the spouse’s passport) Spouse’s passport copy( First and Last page comprising family details indicating applicant’s name as spouse of the passport holder)
- In the event of minors, a copy of their parent’s passport is required (First and last page)
- Photo of a current bank account passbook (Scheduled Public Sector Banks,Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)