FASTag – All about FASTag query ✓ Helpline Number ✓ Introduction ✓ FASTag Transfer ✓ Cancellation.
What is FASTag?
FASTag is a sticker, which is placed on the front glass of the vehicle. When you are traveling on a highway and passing through a toll, the scanner installed there scans the sticker on the vehicle through the device Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. After this scanning, money is deducted from your account according to the location. This fastag has to be recharged according to the need. Due to FASTag, there is no need to stop the vehicle at toll and You can drive safely without coming in contact with any person.
Now it has become mandatory to have FASTag in the car. Now FASTag has become a means to pay road tax and you can also face problems due to not having FASTag in the car. Now most of the people going from one city to another have got FASTag installed.
Or if for some reason the front glass of the car breaks, what will happen to the FASTag? In such a situation, a separate arrangement has been made for FASTag and through that process you can solve this problem. Let us know that if this ever happens to you then what will you have to do and in this way the fastag will be disposed of. Know the special things related to Fastag…
What happens if you sell the car?
If you sell your car, then you will have to change your FASTag, because your bank account will be linked to FASTag. So you need to change it. By the way, in this situation you have to turn off your FASTag and it is not transferred. However, now some payment platforms are also giving the option to transfer it, so that along with the vehicle transfer, it is also transferred and attached to the account of the other person.
Cancel your FASTag:-
- Ideally, the next owner of the car should take proper steps regarding the FASTag installed on your car before handing over the keys. In any case, there are various ways to cancel the FASTag installed in the car. The way to cancel the FASTag installed in the car depends on where it was purchased.
- In case of NHAI FASTag, one can call on NHAI customer care number 1033 and request for cancellation.
- If you have purchased a FASTag from a bank, you can log on to the bank’s website or mobile app and place a cancellation request.
- If the FASTag was purchased through a mobile payment application, you can check it by going to the FASTag section on that app. Usually where the transaction history is shown – and can find the option to cancel.
Transfer your FASTag:-
- The FASTag can be transferred to the account of the new owner of the vehicle. In such a case, the request should be made through the option of ‘Transfer’ instead of ‘Cancel’ following the steps mentioned.
- The issuer should usually allow the transfer of the FASTag to a new account. For which the details of the new owner will have to be shared by him with the issuer.
What if you just tear off the FASTag?
- A simple solution to this can be breaking the FASTag. But the problem with this is that the vehicle’s registration number is linked to a FASTag. In such a situation, it will not be possible for the new owner to get another FASTag issued.
- However, the cancellation request will ensure that the previous owner is not liable to pay any dues while the new owner can link the same FASTag to a new account for the same vehicle.