Nainital vs. Mussoorie – Holiday Comparison
Nainital is a beautiful hill station situated in Uttrakhand in the outer Himalayas. It comes under Nainital district. It has such luring places to visit that one cannot miss visiting this destination. If you want to go deep in your thoughts exploring nature and its undefined beauty, ignoring this hectic life, Nainital is the place for it. There are several famous places to see in Nainital like:
- Nainital Lake: surround yourself with water all around with such color and deepness that you feel a distance from every other thing. Isn’t it everyone’s dream?
- Mall Road: don’t forget to see such distinct variety of things which you do not get in usual life, mall road has shops, restaurants, of different kinds, different than what you see in daily life.
- Sattal: It’s a place which has 7 different lakes, 7 different colors, textures and leading to different directions. This is the perfect place for people who are in love with nature.
- Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo: It’s fun, refreshing and an experience to count in. what else is left to say. A zoo on high altitude which is such a great exposure.
- Naina Devi Temple: A place so calm that you connect with your inner self and spiritualism. Feeling religious? Visit this temple and see it for yourself.
- China Peak: This place is situated at altitude of 2615mts above sea level and gives you a wonderful view of Himalayas. A nature lover would not miss the opportunity to be so close to nature.
Best time to visit Nainital: March to June
Nainital is a year-round destination, but the ideal time to visit is between the months of March to June. However, depending on what you want to do, here’s a monthly breakup of Nainital’s climatic conditions so that you can plan accordingly:
March to June: These months constitute the summer season in Nainital and are generally considered pleasant for a day sightseeing. This is also the best time to enjoy boat ride as the weather is favourable. Sometimes, especially during the months of May and June, the afternoon can be quite hot and hence it is advisable to go for boating after 4pm. The average temperature at this time varies between 10 degree Celsius and 25 degree Celsius.
July to September: Come July and heavy rain showers are expected, sometimes the rain can continue throughout the day. Rainfall between July and September can lead to some road blockages; however, it is timely cleared by the state government authorities. Being an off-season, hotels offer attractive discounts and deals for travellers during this season and a lot of budget travellers travel in monsoon time.
October to February: October can also be a good time to visit Nainital as it is neither too hot nor too cold during the day. However, a certain chill can be felt in the air at night. November marks the onset of winter season in Nainital and continues till February. This season has a beautiful misty charm with the coldest days seeing the temperature dipping to zero degree Celsius. If you like snow, then plan a trip between December-end and January.
Mussoorie is a hill station which comes under Dehradun district and situation in northern uttrakhand. Mussoorie, 300 kilometers north of Delhi the capital of India, is among the more popular hill stations of India, and is called the Queen among the hill stations. It overlooks the sprawling Doon valley and the city of Dehradun, the gateway to Mussoorie and infact to the entire Garhwal region of the Himalayas.It is a place which given you profound happiness to be able to experience nature in a way that it has everything, land, water, falls, the view, everything that can define beauty revolves around you. Some of the places which are famous and must see are:
- Kempty falls: As the name suggests this is a waterfall situated 15 kms from Mussoorie and it’s worth it to see such a magnificent scenario.
- Mussoorie Christ Church: Churches are always worth visiting as you see marvelous art and you find peace in this church like nowhere else.
- Mussoorie Lake: This is the perfect place to spend the whole day with your dear ones, enjoy the garden and make some memories while boating and you are good to go.
- Bhatta Falls
- Mossy Falls
- Jharpani Falls
Best time to visit Mussoorie: Middle April to Middle July
Mussoorie is different from other hill station because it has its own uniqueness in the waterfalls. Water depicts immensity and visiting Mussoorie will give you a sense of belongingness with the nature’s everlasting beauty.
Conclusion: Both the hill stations have plenty to offer. Nainital depicts a variety when it comes to this destination as a holiday as it has different kind of places to see for every age group or every kind of vacation and Mussoorie shows a place which is more inclined towards nature and its view which is peaceful and quiet. The destination to choose depends on the choice of vacation a person is seeking for. May it be with family, friends or loved ones, choosing a place for a holiday is most important.
last updated on 28-05-2023